Ads 468x60px

Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013




Bhangra Hugge


And one more Saraswat recipe – it’s amazing how many have crept into my recipe books! Very easy to make and unlike fried fish, this one doesn’t use too much oil.

6 medium bhangras (mackerel)
Tamarind (imli) a walnut sized piece soaked in water for an hour
5 red chillies soaked in water
Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
2 pods garlic
Salt to taste

Remove heads of bhangra and make two slits on either side for the masala to get in. Grind all the other ingredients, smear fish with it and arrange them in a row in a baking dish. Pour two tablespoons of coconut oil over them and if you have a turmeric (haldi ) leaf, cover the fish with it and bake till done.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Shalini
I'm passionate about holistic healing and I love to read, write and cook.
View my complete profile