Ads 468x60px

Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013



White Masala Chicken



This, I find, is a great dish that is so very Indian without the customary spiciness that tends to be present in most of our cooking. So when I have people over who can’t handle too much spice, I pull out this recipe. It’s easy to make and delicious.

4 Chicken legs

Grind:
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
½ cup cashewnuts (you can used almonds that have been blanched)
A piece of cinnamon, a few cloves, cardamoms and a few peppercorns
2 tablespoons yoghurt
Salt to taste
A small piece of ginger
A few cloves of garlic

Rub the mixture over the chicken legs and leave in the fridge for a few hours (one whole day is even better!). Pour a little water in, add ½ a teaspoon of sugar and cook covered on a slow fire till done. Before you take it off the stove, stir in two teaspoons of butter. Make sure there’s enough of liquid so you can serve it with gravy. Great with rice, rotis or bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Shalini
I'm passionate about holistic healing and I love to read, write and cook.
View my complete profile